A Free Christian Forum
Viewing our site as a guest only offers limited access. Registration is easy and FREE! Why not sign in or create an account while you're here?

!!! First 500 members with 10 posts to this new website get FREE GOLD MEMBERSHIP !!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

A Free Christian Forum
Viewing our site as a guest only offers limited access. Registration is easy and FREE! Why not sign in or create an account while you're here?

!!! First 500 members with 10 posts to this new website get FREE GOLD MEMBERSHIP !!!
A Free Christian Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Like/Tweet/+1
Latest topics
» devotional
Is It Wrong for a Christian to Listen to secular music that has a positive message? EmptySat Jun 16, 2018 2:05 pm by s.t.mann

» A call beckoning the Hundredth Sheep...
Is It Wrong for a Christian to Listen to secular music that has a positive message? EmptyMon May 28, 2018 9:00 pm by s.t.mann

» Job 7:7-8
Is It Wrong for a Christian to Listen to secular music that has a positive message? EmptyThu Feb 25, 2016 8:06 am by clark thompson

» Job 7:5-6
Is It Wrong for a Christian to Listen to secular music that has a positive message? EmptyFri Feb 19, 2016 8:00 am by clark thompson

» Job 7:3-4
Is It Wrong for a Christian to Listen to secular music that has a positive message? EmptyFri Feb 12, 2016 8:03 am by clark thompson

» Job 7:1-2
Is It Wrong for a Christian to Listen to secular music that has a positive message? EmptyFri Feb 05, 2016 7:50 am by clark thompson

» Job 6:29-30
Is It Wrong for a Christian to Listen to secular music that has a positive message? EmptyFri Jan 29, 2016 7:50 am by clark thompson

» Job 6:27-28
Is It Wrong for a Christian to Listen to secular music that has a positive message? EmptyWed Jan 20, 2016 7:51 am by clark thompson

» Job 6:24-26
Is It Wrong for a Christian to Listen to secular music that has a positive message? EmptyThu Jan 14, 2016 7:39 pm by clark thompson

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Is It Wrong for a Christian to Listen to secular music that has a positive message?

4 posters

Go down

Is It Wrong for a Christian to Listen to secular music that has a positive message? Empty Is It Wrong for a Christian to Listen to secular music that has a positive message?

Post by Dust Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:37 pm

Is It Wrong for a Christian to Listen to secular music that has a positive message?

I have a few thoughts on this, but thought I would get a take on what you guys think about it first.

Dust
NEW KID ON THE BLOCK (0-5 Posts)

TC FOUNDER TC FOUNDER
Male Posts : 5
Posting Points : 15

Back to top Go down

Is It Wrong for a Christian to Listen to secular music that has a positive message? Empty Re: Is It Wrong for a Christian to Listen to secular music that has a positive message?

Post by matt4179 Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:04 pm

Dust, that is something that I have often wondered as well. I used to listen to some really horrible stuff lyrically. Now I try to listen to as much faith based music as possible. I do often reminisce with my childhood music (90's kid) but when I do too often, I feel that old me wanting to creep back up. I look at it like a book. If I can read it and not be offended or have to skip over lines that I don't want to repeat in my head, then it should be good. Right? I also often think of when Jesus said "What goes into someone's mouth does not defile them, but what comes out of their mouth, that is what defiles them." (Matt 15:11) And when you sing...something is coming out.

matt4179
APPRENTICE (6-25 posts)
APPRENTICE (6-25 posts)

TC FOUNDER TC FOUNDER
Posting Points : 17

Back to top Go down

Is It Wrong for a Christian to Listen to secular music that has a positive message? Empty Re: Is It Wrong for a Christian to Listen to secular music that has a positive message?

Post by Lora Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:09 pm

Yeah, I'm thinking it's okay to listen to secular music that has a positive message. I try to follow my gut on that one. I ask myself, "Does it make feel uncomfortable or guilty when listening to it?" If the answer's yes to either of those, I don't listen or tune it out if I can't avoid it.
Lora
Lora
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
SITE ADMINISTRATOR

Female Posts : 149
Posting Points : 242
Political Party : Republican

http://www.christiancreativewriters.com/ http://www.csulb.edu/~lconnor/ http://itch2write-writersblock.blogspot.com/ https://www.youtube.com/user/CCWChristianWriter

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn C Lang Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:06 am

I tend to fall back to Philippians - whatever is good, positive an uplifting - think on these things. So much secular music is praise music - if you choose to see it that way (and sing it that way). But, ultimately, it has to be a personal decision made between you and God about what you put into your eyes and your ears.

Kathryn C Lang

TC FOUNDER TC FOUNDER
Posting Points : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down