A Free Christian Forum
Viewing our site as a guest only offers limited access. Registration is easy and FREE! Why not sign in or create an account while you're here?

!!! First 500 members with 10 posts to this new website get FREE GOLD MEMBERSHIP !!!
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Like/Tweet/+1
Latest topics
» Job 7:7-8
Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:06 am by clark thompson

» Job 7:5-6
Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:00 am by clark thompson

» Job 7:3-4
Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:03 am by clark thompson

» Job 7:1-2
Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:50 am by clark thompson

» Job 6:29-30
Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:50 am by clark thompson

» Job 6:27-28
Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:51 am by clark thompson

» Job 6:24-26
Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:39 pm by clark thompson

» Job 6:21-23
Thu Jan 07, 2016 7:41 am by clark thompson

» Job 6:18-20
Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:36 pm by clark thompson

December 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Howdee-doo!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Howdee-doo!

Post by BethBrubaker on Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:16 am

Hi all! My name is also my...um...post name- Beth Brubaker! I'm a freelance writer, poet, humorist and troublemaker of the best kind! I have two kids- a sixteen year-old boy with Aspergers, and a twelve year-old girl. I have two cats, Boo-Boo and Scootch. I have a husband who is a deacon at our church. People joke that that makes me a deaconess, and I tell them my tiara is in the mail.

Ask me anything and I will tell you no lies- but I might exaggerate a little. Or a lot. Possibly a whole lot if I want you to laugh.

If you want to chat via FB. just type in my name and you should find me. I also do a blog called Footprints in the Mud, which can also be found via google or FB in case you wanted to ask me something personal- like why my FB pic looks like I sell real estate.

Okay, I think I'm done now... Cooling Off

BethBrubaker
NEW KID ON THE BLOCK (0-5 Posts)

TC FOUNDER TC FOUNDER
Posting Points : 4

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Howdee-doo!

Post by Lora on Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:11 am

I'm so glad to meet you! It seems we have a little in common, Beth! I have a 19 year-old son with high functioning autism. As I'm sure you know, Asperger's is in the family of autism. However, I think I have you beat in the cat department, we have three cats, Katie, Gabby, and Bilbo (I was reading The Hobbit when we got him). Anyhow, I'm thrilled that you joined us and I look forward to getting to know you.

"Even if you’re on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there" – Will Rogers.
Lora
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
SITE ADMINISTRATOR

Female Posts : 149
Posting Points : 242
Political Party : Republican

View user profile http://www.christiancreativewriters.com/ http://www.csulb.edu/~lconnor/ http://itch2write-writersblock.blogspot.com/ http://www.youtube.com/user/CCWChristianWriter

Back to top Go down

Post by BethBrubaker on Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:44 am

Boo-Boo got his name from the stuffed cat in Laverne & Shirley (even though he's not a black cat..lol) He greeted me when I came home one day and I said "How's my little Boo-Boo kitty?" and the name stuck.
Scootch got his name from being underfoot. I kept telling him to "scootch" out of the way, and thought that would be a fun name. I found out last week that someone named their cat Scootch too, so at least I know I'm in good company!

Both cats were 10 months old when I adopted them, My friend found them in her yard, abandoned, and took them into her porch (her son was severely allergic). Unfortunately, her porch was VERY cramped, VERY cluttered, and also rickety- they had to put a heater in there during the winter, but it didn't really heat anything- it just kept the kitties from freezing. They told me that they were taking good care of them, but when I saw they were being fed way too much food (they were kittens so they just grew fast on the excess..lol) and the tiny litter pan was emptied once a week (they would wait for it to be a solid mass, then change it), I offered to take them in. At the time, Boo-Boo was called Curious, and Scootch was called T.C for Timid Cat.

Both are healthy, happy cats now, and sweet as can be! They used to be terrified of open spaces and afraid of people. Now they are very, very nosy and like to greet everyone..lol!

No, my cats are far from my only interest, so there's no chance of me being a cat lady- for at least ten more years. The funny part? I'm a dog person. I took these guys in cats because I love animals, and cats are low maintenance creature that don't need walks in the rain or three feet of snow..lol! So now I AM a cat person- and a dog person. I just can't have a dag now because life is way too busy- and my cats don't like dogs. Yet.

BethBrubaker

TC FOUNDER TC FOUNDER
Posting Points : 4

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Thena on Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:23 am

Hi Beth,
Nice to meet you. I think we would have a lot of fun if we were neighbors. I have e sweet Shih tzus instead of cats but they are such fun.I bet your cats would like them.

Feel free to friend me on FB if you so desire. I love to take photos and write poetry and short slice of life stories mostly.

Thena
ADMIN II
ADMIN II

TC FOUNDER TC FOUNDER
Female Posts : 38
Posting Points : 55

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down